Saturday, March 6, 2010

The panorama of Atlantic

Hi all,

Its 2.37 am at night and I am sitting in our hotel room at a small sea-town by the name of Virginia Beach on the Atlantic Coast. It took us a drive of almost 6 hours to reach here from Washington DC. The sight that is infront of me is probably the best that I have seen during my life. But, before I get overwhelmed by the beauty that is unfurling before my eyes, let me mention the prior events of the day on which we visited the power-centre city of this planet.

We spent the majot part of the day in the US capital. It was around 12 noon when we reached DC. The first sight of it when we got out of the metro tunnel was very much reminiscent of the Maidan area of our very own Calcutta. On the two sides of a very long rectangular Maidan-like field are the White House and the Capitol Hill, with the Washington Monument constructed symmetrically in between. Our first stop was at the National Air & Space Museum. The next two places where we went are the Capitol Hill and finally the White House. Over-all it was an interesting short trip, but I would have to visit Washington again to explore it to even more details. (The trip would have been really successful if I could see Superman on the roof of white House).

Now, lets come to the present. I am sitting on the 15th floor verandah on the Atlantic Coast. The moon is on the crystal clear sky and her radiant silvery reflection on the waters of the Ocean are creating a mesmerizing effect on all of us. The beauty of Nature has struck us hard. We were orginally scheduled to check out tomorrow at 11 am, but now we have extended our stay till day after tomorrow. I just want to absorb the true essence of this supernatural beauty that is around me..... I am really lucky to have opportunities like these.....

Cheers all,
Saikat

No comments:

Post a Comment